Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Beyond Today

I try to piece together religion and science. I love science and I love religion. In my religion, Mormonism, we are taught to, "...say that we follow the admonition of Paul—We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things." Reference
If we are to believe all things, then we must make way for all things to be believed. That's my endeavor; and has been since 2005. I read that scripture and the prophesy that, paraphrasing states, "Sometime in the future, the truth of the scriptures will be able to be proven, but most people still won't believe it." I wanted to prove the scriptures right through science. This "quest" has taken me to study biology, technology, physics, science, and scriptures in droves. I have poured over AI texts, Quantum science, Mathematical equations - The edge of the universe. It's getting very close to being proven. Some of my recent thoughts are below:

I have been up listening to talk shows on physics, science, science fiction and the like. Some of my favorites have come from Neil deGrasse Tyson's channel on YouTube: StarTalk Radio Show. He is a big figure for PBS. Some of the videos that I watched are testimonies to me that someday things talked about in the works of the gospel will someday be able to be proven.

There were a few shows that I watched. The first was:

It's kinda a funny photo, but it's quite serious. Then I watched:

After those short blips, I went to the heavy stuff:

I commented on this video, "My thoughts: Schrodinger's cat is fully alive and fully dead. It's biology. The cells within all things are being created and becoming dead at the same time. The difficulty with plastic/metal/ceramic computers is that creating something that degrades (Atomic degradation) and that creates itself, in tiny parts at a time, while transferring its information (DNA in bio), at the same time isn't here yet. The simplest way to create a computer that would truly be unending would be to transfer its information onto the next computer/being/cell/world/universe. To make it biological is the simplest way of doing this. The next step would be to remove the ability to forget the previous model of its consciousness (like your children having your experiences to learn from). Consciousness is the ability to replay an event and to learn from it on the stage of your mind!!!..."

One of the commenters (Richard Carte'), on the video below stated, "If we create different Universes by our own actions and decisions, then we do have free-will." My thoughts on this are, if we create a universe simply by our thoughts, than we should be very careful what our thoughts are. I wonder, are we going to live in a universe of our creation after our death? If that's true, then we REALLY need to watch our thoughts! And are our thoughts broadcast to God so that He can tailor that universe just for us?
In the Mormon religion, there are three areas of rest after death. The 1st is called the Celestial Kingdom. The 2nd is called the Terrestrial Kingdom. The 3rd is called the Telestial Kingdom. All three are superb, but in the Celestial you are given the gift to have children and to be a creator. With that in mind, I thought, "What if having children is simply being able to transfer your experiences to the next generation?" Is that the gift that's given in the celestial kingdom? Is it to have children and to have them with the ability to remember your life and anyone continuing down the line?
And then there's "being a creator." Does the voice of God thunder down and make things happen throughout history. I would think so. If that happens, from time to time, how can I get there? I have this thought that if God's voice were tied to a power of sorts, or an instrument, that would allow him to speak and have things happen, it would kind of be like Google Home, or a voice to text document, but on the size-of-a-universe scale. I would like to understand the intricacies of how He works. The scriptures say, in Genesis 1 KJV,
"1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day."

There is another part of Mormonism that is believed and that's, 
“As man now is, God once was: “As God now is, man may be.”
 - 5th President of the Mormon church Biography and Family Record of Lorenzo Snow (1884)

It seems that God used His voice to first create light by saying, "Let there be light." Is there a way to create electrons with someone's voice? And, do we do it all the time? Are we indeed creating things with our imaginations and communications? We should be VERY cautious with our words, if that's true. Do we manifest things into the universe by creating light (neuron pathways) in others minds, only to have it bounce back at us in positive or negative ways throughout eternity? That makes sense to me. Men and women will last a long time, and communications will last even longer, even if you don't believe in an afterlife. I hope that we realize just how important our interactions are with others. It could mean the creation or destruction of universes someday throughout time and space.

I couldn't end there, so I watched the final video referenced on this blog:


Lots of things are going through my head like: "There is a saying in Mormonism, "The Sun, The Moon and the Stars." It's basically referring to the three areas to go to after death, as described above. But is there more to it?
Am I looking past the mark?
I like to think - Simply stated. Is thinking, well, bad?

Is there a major consequence to our thoughts → actions → habits → destiny
Or is it just the three destinations of rest after death? Is there a huge difference between the three stages? 
Why do the three kingdoms matter so much?"


Maybe next time I'll hit on those questions.

Until then, adieu.

No comments: