Wednesday, May 3, 2017

My Honest and continually changing thoughts about my religion

There are a lot of thoughts that I have about the church that I belong to. Some of these beliefs contradict common member beliefs. The member beliefs are sometimes wrong, but most of the time they are right (like the value to love one another and to serve). The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints has a couple names associated with it - LDS or Mormon (All the same thing). There are many churches that replicate the LDS church using a similar name, but in general, "Mormons" is a better known name for the original church that was founded around the year 1830 by Joseph Smith.

Now to the good stuff. Here are a few things that throw common member beliefs aside.

1: - In the Articles of Faith one of the beliefs are that - "We believe all things, We hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report, or praiseworthy we seek after these things" (https://goo.gl/54MsxL). And,

2: - Found in the book of Moses, Chapter 1 Verse 4. (Moses is a common book in Mormonism) "And, behold, thou art my son; wherefore look, and I will show thee the workmanship of mine hands; but not all, for my works are without end, and also my words, for they never cease. 

"Wherefore, no man can behold all my works, except he behold all my glory; and no man can behold all my glory, and afterwards remain in the flesh on the earth." (https://goo.gl/ecF6Fs). 

This last LDS scripture further proves my point which I will discuss soon. 

3: - And it came to pass that the Lord spake unto Moses, saying: Behold, I reveal unto you concerning this heaven, and this earth; write the words which I speak. I am the Beginning and the End, the Almighty God; by mine Only Begotten I created these things; yea, in the beginning I created the heaven, and the earth upon which thou standest. (https://goo.gl/hIFPah). 

With that knowledge, it is easy to surmise that the things revealed to Moses and in the book of Genesis, of which these scriptures originated from, are from this earth, and

only what Moses could handle, while still being able to accomplish his journey on earth. That leaves a lot of unknowns; including the age of the earth (and the age of the universe), the types of natural selection that went on for who knows how long... etc. Basically, what we have is a tiny version of what is fully the history of the planet.

Another Thought of Mine:

There seems to be a lot of similarities to the Pre-Mortal Life story and scientists findings on fertilization in most plants and animals. Here is a video just in case you missed it in HS. Just think of the unfertilized egg like an intelligence without a spirit. That's just a thought, not much in the way of beliefs and facts matching up though, like 2/3rds getting a body, and 1/3rd not. The odds are way different in the discoveries made about human's process in that matter, meaning that the sperm are in the millions and only one gets to become human.

No comments: