Monday, April 8, 2013

My goals for the rest of the year

I have a few goals that I'm going to fulfill this year. The first is to sell a bunch of my wife, Julie's, crafts. She makes dolls, stuffed animals, crocheted dish clothes, and a lot of other stuff that she won't have me sell. I'll be going to the side of the street in places that a lot of traffic goes through... Places like, freeway exits, mall exits; other places like that. I'll sit out there with a chair for at least four hours. Hopefully by then I'll have them all sold.

Julie's wash clothes:

My next goal is to go up on stage and do comedy... I thought that I would tell my story of how my mental illness has made me MAD CRAZY... Of course once I acknowledge that I have a mental illness it goes away right??? LOL!



Goal number three is to continue teaching about how to use computers at a rest home in east Mesa. I ended up teaching only one or two people who didn't walk out on me last time. I don't know if they'd be more or less interested this time or not. It would help if the activities coordinator would have asked people to attend before I taught the class. I went in the activities room right after a bingo game and introduced myself. They weren't expecting me.



Goal number three is to attend Mesa Community College. I don't know which degree I'll be looking forward to, but I think that I'll just do a bunch of general classes like math, science and English. I'll throw in an art class or two as well.




Goal number four is to hold a small job for a short time. I was really never any good at keeping 8-hour-a-day jobs. It makes a lot of difference if the job is interesting to me or not. I do good at assembly lines. I can keep those pretty much all the time, and work for long hours. The more mundane the task is, the easier it gets, and the more efficient I get at it. So, low stress, highly repetitive, predictable, and not much social interaction is prime for me. I don't do well leading others, or working in groups. I tend to be over bearing with my opinions in those situations. The amount of jobs that I can deal with has probably just plummeted to a small list. Anyways, that's my job characteristics and what I try to look for.



For the major part of the year, I plan on going to MCC and doing stand up comedy. That's about it.



Have an awesome day! :-)

No comments: