Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Going Camping :-)

Next weekend I'm going camping with my my church group. It won't be too far out of Phoenix, but it'll be fun! I hear that there are a lot of good bike routes at the place. I would like to bring my bike, but not sure if it'd be possible with all the other gear. It is a camp out for fathers and sons. My dad will be going as well. Usually there is a lot of good food, family and activities that are both fun and competitive.

I NEED to have 
s'mores of course! The best s'more that I've ever made was on top of Flat Top Mountain in the Tonto National Forrest of AZ. The way I made it was from having a fire surrounded by rocks. The rocks got to a great melting temperature because they were not too far and not too close from the fire. The rocks were hot to the touch, but not burning. I placed the Graham Cracker on the rock, then the Hershey's Chocolate bar on top. The other half of the s'more was the marshmallow and the other Graham Cracker. I put that half on another rock of a little higher temperature. Both the chocolate and the marshmallow melted and the graham cracker became toasted. After they were melted to perfection, I placed them together and handed them out to my scout master, fellow scouts and, of course, myself! They were the best s'mores in the world - A great breakfast for the hike down the mountain!!!


Here is Flat Top Mountain in the Tonto National Forrest of Arizona. The hike to the top is somewhat daunting and takes medium to high expertise. Bring your water and tread lightly.

Have a good day! :-)

No comments: