Thursday, January 24, 2013

Interesting Facts


According to this article the Dung Beetle orients itself according to the bright area of the sky made from our Milky Way Galaxy. That's a pretty cool discovery! It makes me wonder what science hasn't figured out, that occurs within other species, as well.

I just made my wife and I the famous hamburger meat, Italian seasoning, mozzarella cheese, and oil & vinegar dressing with two slices of multi-grain bread sandwich. It was delicious!

In other news, a competition to make the most versatile robot is underway. The winner gets two million dollars. I have been reading about this in the magazine Popular Science. There will be an eight part obstacle course laid out for each robot to traverse. The obstacles would be a little difficult for humans. For robots, it would be almost impossible to pass all eight sections of the course. Popular Science is one of my favorite magazines. Other favorites of mine are Discovery Magazine, National Geographic and Popular Mechanics.



Right now I am listening to my religion's scriptures. It is talking about commandments and blessings of following them. The blessings are things like becoming strong, having the spirit of the Lord with you, seeking and you will find, and knocking and it will be  opened to you.

I haven't really noticed how much of a religious person I am, until I started keeping track of how often I say prayers and how often I listen to the scriptures. I guess I am pretty religious. I say my prayers over my food, in the morning when I wake up, and at night before I go to sleep. I listen to the scriptures and talks from my church website as well. That's a lot of religious studying. I really don't mind doing these things, and they're hardly even noticeable. I have been doing these things my whole life, so that's probably the reason why I don't notice how often I practice my religion. I also don't watch rated "R" movies, and am cautious towards "PG-13" movies. I don't  cuss. I don't drink alcohol. I don't drink teas. Herbal teas are fine. I don't smoke or do any drugs. Overall I don't do a lot of things that are seen as acceptable with most everyone else. Granted there are those who follow the same standards who aren't a part of the Mormon religion. To them I say, "good job!" A person really doesn't need to get high, have a buzz, smoke, or watch filthy films to have a good time. "That's very commendable of you!" I would say to them.


No comments: